Saturday, October 13, 2012

THE HOLY MOUNTAIN




THE HOLY MOUNTAIN 

From the inspiration of Ezekiel (6)

How amazing are Your works, O Lord!
You made me - the dust and sand - a holy mountain for You!
Count me as the Mount of Horeb,
On which to proclaim Your Law,
As the Mount of Tabor,
On which You transfigure with Your splendor.
And as the Mount of Calvary to offer on it the sacrifice of Your love.

On the mountains, Israel set their idols like other nations.
They defiled the high places with their abominations.
With love You chasten by bringing a sword and by abolishing the high places.
The cities would become desolate.
Yet You do not forget the holy remnant.
As You are the compassionate God
Take away from my mountains all abominations.
Burn by the fire of Your Holy Spirit all the thorns of sin.
Sanctify me, and count me as Your holy mountain!



Fr. Tadros Malaty
From the Inspiration of The Book of Ezekiel

 


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

My Blog List

Twitter