Sunday, May 25, 2014

I SINNED! I SINNED!




Repent and turn away from your idols, and turn away 
your faces from all your abominations

Ezekiel 14:6 


From the inspiration of Ezekiel  (14)
 

My God … How difficult it is for me to confess!
Expose to me my hidden depths; so that I should cry out:
I sinned! I sinned!

In the old days, the people used to cast the blame on the priests;
And the priests used to cast the blame on the people!
And every generation think that it is punished for sins of their fathers.
As for me, I confess to You:
I sinned! I sinned!

My father will not intercede on my behalf, if I neglect my salvation!
And I will not be punished for his weaknesses!
I admit to You my personal responsibility!
I sinned! Forgive me, and absolve me!

The prophet Moses interceded on behalf of his people.
And the prophet Samuel kept on praying for them.
A cloud of witnesses surrounds us,
who intercede and pray for us, and support us!
Instruct me on how to care for my salvation,
Then this cloud would become my support!

I complain about myself to You; Sin has destroyed me:
A famine for God's word has come on me!
I became like a desolate land, in which evil thoughts dwell, like wild beasts!
The sword of sin strokes my depths, destroying my talents!
By my sin, I became like a pestilence, corrupting those around me.
I confess my sin to You;
The responsibility is all mine!
Save me … Rescue me!

Fr. Tadros Malaty
From the Inspiration of The Book of Ezekiel


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

My Blog List

Twitter