Thursday, April 9, 2015

Verses And Fathers Sayings - The Body And Blood






And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and
broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat;
this is My body.” Then He took the cup, and gave thanks,
and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. For
this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many
for the remission of sins.
(Matt. 26 – 28)

 

Up till now, Christ who set the table, is sanctifying it Himself;
No man changes the bread and wine into the body and blood
of Christ, but Christ Himself who was crucified for us. The
priest utters the words, but the, sanctification
occurs through the power of God, and His grace; through
His words, ‘This is My body, and this is My blood’,
they are sanctified.

 St. John Chrysostom



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

My Blog List

Twitter