Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I AM YEARNING TO LABOR IN YOUR VINE




From the inspiration of Ezekiel (2)

When You revealed Your heavens to Ezekiel, 
He yearned to minister to you.  
Revealed it to me, to make me labor seriously in Your vine.  
Your heavens are joy and rejoicing;  
Ministering to You is a heavy cross,  
But, at the same time, it is joy and rejoicing.  
How wonderful is working for You,  
You proclaim Yourself to those working by, and for You. 

You sent Your prophet to a very stubborn people.  
But Your Spirit raised him to raise many.  
Grant me the spirit of resurrection, so as not to fear death.  
Death has gotten into my brethren and me.  
But You are the Resurrection itself.  
You sent him to a stubborn people. 
And feared lest stubbornness may get into him.  
Keep me, lest, in my ministry, I may fall and weaken. 
Keep me by Your grace, and keep your people.

What can I offer my brethren?  
Here I am, opening my mouth, for You to stretch Your hand with the scroll.  
I will eat it, and enjoy its sweetness, O You, the sweetness of my soul.  
This stretched hand is Your incarnation.  
You have given me Your Body to eat, O the Word of God. 

In Your Word, there is sweetness and bitterness.  
Make it sweet by Your grace; as I acquire Your divine promises.  
Grant me to accept Your chastisements, as temporary bitterness,  
For the sake of everlasting edification of my soul. 


Fr. Tadros Malaty
From the Inspirations of The Book of Ezekiel


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

My Blog List

Twitter