Tuesday, June 11, 2013

THE SANCTUARY OF YOUR TEMPLE IS WITHIN ME




From the inspiration of Ezekiel (8)

When I behold what Your people did, I get terrified.
They presumed that You do not see them, care for them, nor for the whole land.
So they resorted to worshiping creeping creatures and unclean beasts.
How lowly are our thoughts!

How great is our denial!

The elders have forsaken You and worshiped animals.
The women wept for the image of the god Tammuz inside Your temple,
Instead of weeping for themselves!

The priests gave you the back instead of the face.
They became worshipers of the sun;
disregarding that You are its Creator!
Instead of praying for the people, they became the cause of curse!

My soul is embittered!

Who are the elders, but my mind and my depths….
I became utterly corrupted!
Who are the women, but the emotions of my body, and its feelings that became defiled!
Who are the priests, but the spirit of leadership that deviated within me!

Sanctify Your sanctuary, O the Holy One!
Sanctify my mind, my thoughts, my emotions, and my feelings!
Sanctify the gifts You granted me, O my Savior!
Sanctify my whole being; I am your temple!


Fr. Tadros Malaty
From the Inspiration of The Book of Ezekiel



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

My Blog List

Twitter