Thursday, October 3, 2013

Challenge Fear




The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1


We are too easily buffaloed by our emotions.  By immediately  giving in to the whims of our feelings.  We can quickly lose peace.  And though we long for sweet peace, there must be something in human nature that enjoys unleashing the dark spirit of fear within us.  

Millions of people like to be frightened by horror movies of scary tales.  They relish reading anything with the element of suspense. 

Fictional suspense can be entertaining and healthy.  However, we must not listen to the fictional fears our emotions so often create for us.  We have a real stronghold in this life.  

Thank God, when we're too weak to hang on tight, he never lets go. 



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

My Blog List

Twitter