Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I AM! - Biblical Reflection



Biblical Reflection - Gospel of John

The Seven "I AM" Statements of Jesus from the Gospel of John.


God is speaking directly to you through these verses. 
He is Calling you! Will you answer His call?!
 
"I AM" the bread of life:
Jesus said to them, “I AM the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst."
John 6:35

"I AM" the light of the world:
+ Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I AM the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
John 8:12
 
"I AM" the door:
So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I AM the door of the sheep."
John 10:7

"I AM" the good shepherd: 
John 10:11-14
11 "I AM the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."

+ 12  He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.

+ 13  He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

+ 14  "I AM the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me."

 
"I AM" the resurrection and the life:
+ Jesus said to her, “I AM the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."
John 11:25
 
"I AM" the way, the truth and the life:
+ Jesus said to him, “I AM the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6

"I AM" the true vine:
+  "I AM the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser."
John 15:1
 
+  "I AM the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."
John 15:5

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

My Blog List

Twitter